Journal Articles and Conference/Workshop Papers
- Jonathan Winton and Francis Palma, Improving Software Requirements Prioritization through the Lens of Constraint Solving, The 36th Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence (CANAI 2023), 5-9 June, 2023, Montreal, Canada.
- Arslan Musaddiq, Neda Maleki, Francis Palma, David Mozart, Tobias Olsson, Mustafa Omareen and Fredrik Ahlgren: Internet of Things for Wetland Conservation using Helium Network: Experience and Analysis, The 12th International Conference on the Internet of Things (IoT 2022), Nov. 7-10, Delft, the Netherlands.
- Neda Maleki, Arslan Musaddiq, Daniel Toll, Francis Palma, Tobias Olsson, David Mozart, Mustafa Omareen, and Fredrik Ahlgren: DynaSens: Dynamic Scheduling for IoT Devices Sustainability in International Conference on Broadband Communications for Next Generation Networks and Multimedia Applications (CoBCom) July 12th-14th, 2022, Graz, Austria.
- Arslan Musaddiq, Neda Maleki, Francis Palma, Tobias Olsson, Daniel Toll, David Mozart, Mustafa Omareen, Johan Leitet, John Jeansson, and Fredrik Ahlgren: Industry-Academia Cooperation: Applied IoT Research for SMEs in South-East Sweden, The Global Internet of Things Summit (GIoTS 2022) June 20-23, Dublin.
- Ganesh, Sundarakrishnan, Francis Palma, and Tobias Olsson. Are Source Code Metrics "Good Enough" in Predicting Security Vulnerabilities?. Data 7.9 (2022): 127. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/data7090127.
- Francis Palma, Tobias Olsson, Anna Wingkvist, Javier Gonzalez-Huerta: Assessing the Linguistic Quality of REST APIs for IoT Applications, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Volume 191, September 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2022.111369.
- Ehsan Zabardast, Javier Gonzalez-Huerta and Francis Palma: The Impact of Forced Working-From-Home on Technical Debt: An Industrial Case Study SEAA 2022 (Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications 2022, Track: Software Engineering and Debt Metaphors.
- Francis Palma, Tobias Olsson, Anna Wingkvist, Fredrik Ahlgren, and Daniel Toll: Investigating the Linguistic Design Quality of Public, Partner, and Private REST APIs 2022 IEEE World Congress on Services, IEEE International Conference on Services Computing.
- Sundarakrishnan Ganesh, Tobias Ohlsson, and Francis Palma. Predicting Security Vulnerabilities using Source Code Metrics 2021 Swedish Workshop on Data Science (SweDS). IEEE, 2021.
- Palma, Francis, Osama Zarraa, and Ahmad Sadia. Are Developers Equally Concerned About Making Their APIs RESTful and the Linguistic Quality? A Study on Google APIs. International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC), Springer, 2021.
- Fatima Sabir, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc, Francis Palma, Naouel Moha, Ghulam Rasool, and Hassan Akhtar: A Mixed-method Approach to Recommend Corrections and Correct REST Anti-patterns in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), DOI: 10.1109/TSE.2021.3117023. Date of Publication: 01 October 2021.
- Beyza Eken, Francis Palma, Ayse Basar, Ayse Tosun: An Empirical Study on the Effect of Community Smells on Bug Prediction. Software Quality Journal (SQJ) 29, no. 1 (2021): 159-194.. DOI: 10.1007/s11219-020-09538-7.
- Rasmus Svensson, Adell Tatrous, Francis Palma: Defining Design Patterns for IoT APIs in the proceedings of 4th International Workshop on Engineering IoT Systems: Architectures, Services, Applications, and Platforms (IoT-ASAP) co-located with 14th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) 2020.
- Francis Palma, Tamer Abdou, Ayse Bener, John Maidens, Stella Liu: An Improvement to Test Case Failure Prediction in the Context of Test Case Prioritization. 14th International Conference on Predictive Models and Data Analytics in Software Engineering (PROMISE) 2018, Oulu, Finland.: 80-89.
- Francis Palma, Naouel Moha, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: UniDoSA: The Unified Specification and Detection of Service Antipatterns, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (IEEE TSE), 2018, DOI: 10.1109/TSE.2018.2819180.
- Fatima Sabir, Francis Palma, Ghulam Rasool, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc, and Naouel Moha: A Systematic Literature Review on the Detection of Smells and their Evolution in Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented Systems, Journal of Software: Practice and Experience (SPE), 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/spe.2639.
- Fabio Petrillo, Philippe Merle, Francis Palma, Naouel Moha, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: A Lexical and Semantical Analysis on REST Cloud Computing APIs, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS 2018), Springer, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94959-8_16, Online ISBN 978-3-319-94959-8, Print ISBN 978-3-319-94958-1.
- Francis Palma, Javier Gonzalez-Huerta, Mohamed Founi, Naouel Moha, And Guy Tremblay, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Semantic Analysis Of RESTful APIs For The Detection Of Linguistic Patterns And Antipatterns, International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS, 2017) doi: https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218843017420011.
- Sadaf Mustafiz, Francis Palma, Maria Toeroe and Ferhat Khendek: A Network Service Design and Deployment Process for NFV Systems, The 15th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA), 31 October-2 November 2016, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Francis Palma and Naouel Moha: A Study on the Taxonomy of Service Antipatterns, in the proceedings of 2nd on Patterns Promotion and Anti-patterns Prevention (PPAP 2015) co-located with 22nd IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER 2015), Montreal, Canada.
- Francis Palma, Javier Gonzalez-Huerta, Naouel Moha, Guy Tremblay, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Are RESTful APIs Well-designed? Detection of their Linguistic (Anti)Patterns. International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC), Goa, India (November 2015).
- Francis Palma, Naouel Moha, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Specification and Detection of Business Process Antipatterns. In Proceedings of the 6th International MCETECH Conference, May 12-15th, 2015, Montreal, Canada. (May 2015).
- Francis Palma: Specification and Detection of SOA Antipatterns, PhD Symposium, in conjunction, with 30th International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (Victoria, Canada), ICSME 2014, Sep. 28 - Oct. 3, Victoria, Canada 2014.
- Francis Palma, Le An, Foutse Khomh, Naouel Moha, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Investigating the Change-proneness of Service Patterns and Antipatterns. In Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing & Applications (SOCA), Matsue, Japan. (November 2014).
- Francis Palma, Johann Dubois, Naouel Moha, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Detection of REST Patterns and Antipatterns: A Heuristics-based Approach. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC), Paris, France. Springer (November 2014).
- Francis Palma, Naouel Moha, Guy Tremblay, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Specification and Detection of SOA Antipatterns in Web Services. In Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA), Vienna, Austria. Springer (August 2014).
- Francis Palma, Mathieu Nayrolles, Naouel Moha, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc, Benoit Baudry, and Jean-Marc Jezequel: SOA Antipatterns: An Approach for their Specification and Detection, International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS, 2013). DOI: 10.1142/S0218843013410049.
- Francis Palma, Naouel Moha, and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: Detection of Process Antipatterns: A BPEL Perspective, Workshop on Methodologies for Robustness Injection into Business Processes (MRI-BP), in conjunction with the 17th IEEE International EDOC Conference (EDOC 2013), The Enterprise Computing Conference, 9-13 September 2013, Vancouver, Canada.
- Francis Palma: Detection of SOA Antipatterns, 8th PhD Symposium (Shanghai, China), in conjunction with ICSOC 2012, (10th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing), November 12-16, Shanghai, China, 2012.
- Mathieu Nayrolles, Francis Palma, Naouel Moha and Yann-Gael Gueheneuc: SODA: A Tool Support for the Detection of SOA Antipatterns, ICSOC Demonstration Track (Shanghai, China), in conjunction with ICSOC 2012, (10th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing), November 12-16, Shanghai, China, 2012.
- Naouel Moha, Francis Palma, Mathieu Nayrolles, Benjamin Joyen Conseil, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc, Benoit Baudry, and Jean-Marc Jezequel: Specification and Detection of SOA Antipatterns. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC), Shanghai, China. Springer (November 2012).
- Francis Palma, Hadi Farzin, Yann-Gael Gueheneuc and Naouel Moha: Recommendation System for Design Patterns in Software Development: An DPR Overview, 3rd International Workshop on Recommendation Systems for Software Engineering (RSSE'12), in conjunction with ICSE 2012, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Paolo Tonella, Angelo Susi, Francis Palma: Interactive Requirements Prioritization Using a Genetic Algorithm, Information and Software Technology (IST). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2012.07.003.
- Francis Palma, Angelo Susi, Paolo Tonella: Using an SMT Solver for Interactive Requirements Prioritization, SIGSOFT FSE, ACM, pp. 48-58, 19th ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), Szeged, Hungary, 2011.
- Paolo Tonella, Angelo Susi, and Francis Palma: Using Interactive GA for Requirements Prioritization, In proceeding of 2nd International Symposium on Search Based Software Engineering (SSBSE), Benevento, Italy, 2010. DOI: 10.1109/SSBSE.2010.17.
- Sosan Beheshti, Asadalah Sahebalam, Edward W. Nidoy, Francis Palma: Methods and Systems for Energy Use Normalization and Forecasting, US Patent No. US10,770,898B2.
- Sadaf Mustafiz, Francis Palma, Maria Toeroe and Ferhat Khendek: A Network Service Design and Deployment Process for NFV Systems, Publication No. US 2018/0309646 A1, Publication Date: October 25 2018, PCT Filed on August 17 2017.